1 in a confused mass; "pushed back her tangled hair"; "the tangled ropes" [ant: untangled]
2 highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by labyrinthine maneuvering"; "Oh, what a tangled web we weave"- Sir Walter Scott; "tortuous legal procedures"; "tortuous negotiations lasting for months" [syn: Byzantine, convoluted, intricate, involved, knotty, labyrinthine, tortuous]
- past of tangle
Tangle may refer to:
- Tangle theory, a branch of knot theory invented by John Horton Conway;
- Neurofibrillary tangles which occur in Alzheimer's disease.
- Entanglement's Tangle as the square of Entanglement's Concurrence between two states in quantum information theory
- Tangle toys, a line of toys composed of curved 90' pieces
- Tangled Up (2007) - The fourth studio album by British band Girls Aloud.
Byzantine, balled up, complex, complicated, confounded, confused, convoluted, crabbed, daedal, devious, elaborate, embrangled, entangled, fouled up, implicated, intricate, involuted, involved, knotted, labyrinthian, labyrinthine, loused up, many-faceted, matted, mazy, meandering, messed up, mixed up, mucked up, multifarious, perplexed, ramified, roundabout, screwed up, snarled, subtle, tangly, twisted